So it’s been three weeks and I can’t believe that Camp Nano is almost over! I had a slow beginning so I decided to back track and change my word count goal to 15k instead of 20k. Since this is Camp Nano and not actual Nano, I can do that. This feels much more doable and I’m really going to try and meet this goal. If all goes well, by the end of July, I’ll be about a quarter of the way into Project Amber.
As mentioned in my last update, I will be completing the second half of the #AuthorWouldYou tag. Read on and learn more about my writing process!
Author Would You? (Part TWO)
16. Would you rather work on multiple WIPs…or stick to one at a time?
Stick to one at a time. I need to wholeheartedly throw myself into a project so that I can spend enough time brainstorming and daydreaming good ideas.
17. Would you rather research needed topics for your WIP before…or after writing your book?
Uhhh…during? I can’t possibly know everything I need to research before I write the book and if I need to know some important fact for the world I’m building or the characters I’m creating then I mustn’t wait until I finish writing the book lest I throw the whole thing off balance! So definitely during.
18. Would you rather write a few sentences from a SC’s POV…or the antagonist’s POV?
The antagonist’s POV is always interesting because I like exploring the motivations–albeit sometimes backwards ones–of antagonists.
19. Would you rather allow yourself breaks from writing…or dedicate to writing everyday?
I allow myself breaks. I find that if I’m writing when I’m not feeling it, the result is an excellent pile of horse dung and then my future self hates me for leaving so many scenes to revise.
20. Would you rather write all day…or edit all day today?
Write. This word count needs to go UP.
21. Would you rather share your word count progress…or drink some more coffee?
Is tea an option?
22. Would you do a 15 minute sprint write and post your word count?
But of course. . .
Word Count: 322
23. Would you rather read your WIP out loud to friends/family…or have one stranger read your WIP?
Stranger. I’d probably receive more authentic reactions. Plus, I do not wish to read my writing out loud…like ever.
24. Would you rather write a happy scene…or a sad scene today?
Literally 95% of my writing is sad so I think you have your answer.
25. Would you rather sprint write for 10 minutes…or edit for an hour?
26. Would you rather add a plot twist…or have a full resolution in your WIP?
I’d love a full resolution. Can’t leave plot holes and loose ends hanging about.
27. Would you rather write with a cup of coffee…or a glass of wine?
Wonderful! Two beverage options that I absolutely detest! Seriously…why doesn’t anyone like tea?
Or rum…Rum is also preferable.
28. Would you rather finish your WIP for Camp Nanowrimo…or set your own goal to keep?
I set my own goal because I dislike pressure.
29. Would you do a 20 minute sprint write and post your word count?
Wowsies…I’m really upping my game today.
Word Count: 420
30. Would you rather rewrite your entire camp project…or start with a fresh and new idea?
Oh my word I think I’d combust if I had to rewrite the entirety of Project Amber. I might as well just start with a fresh and new idea.
31. Would you rather share your word count for the month…or share a GIF of your current mood?
Thanks for reading! See you in my next post and whatever you do, keep on writing!